Tuesday, April 27, 2010

jacflash video of the day: jac's solemn sunday singing


Solemn Sundays from Jaclyn Genovese on Vimeo.

yes i am a nerdy grandma, and yes i sing classical on my sunday soirs

The first song is: "pie jesu" from requiem by andrew lloyd webber and

here is the translation to the second song (begins at 2:17), SO beautiful and sad.

"o mio babbino caro" from gianni schicchi by giacomo puccini

Oh dear daddy

Oh dear daddy
I love him, he is so handsome
I want to go to Porta Rossa
to buy the ring
Yes, yes, I want to go there
And if my love were in vain
I would go to Ponte Vecchio
and throw myself in the Arno
I fret and suffer torments
Oh God, I would rather die
Daddy, have pity, have pity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a diva! The oice of an angel. Good to hear you singing classically again!!